Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rhetorial Analysis

What helped for my rhetorical analysis was the blog entries, they helped by the amount of practice we put into them constant five hundred word entries. The Michael Moore films were instrumental even though he does not have a well rounded view for any of his arguments there is good rhetorical appeals in them. The English writing center has been a great help as well. The peer editing has helped me learn to point out mistakes that not only the fellow student makes but also my own mistakes. The hand outs gave good definitions of the type of approaches we needed to come at these papers.
My areas of improvement are in just beginning the paper is a very hard task for me. The introduction and conclusion stress me out constantly. I did not have the space between my last name and the page number so the small thing was that. I wish I could write a better rough draft one that is more complete. I need to work on my typing skills as well to make the paper go faster. I feel still that my writing has improved, and still has a long way to go. The workload although very difficult at times I feel it has paid off.
I wish we could use more of our personal stories in the writings to give us more of an approach from personal experience. I think it that allowing us to do that would give us something to write for. The texts we have to read sometimes become very boring and difficult to read. In the final analysis I am not an English major but this class has caused me to think a great deal more than I have before. The Rhetorical approaches reminds me of a marketing job with having to think who the audience is and what point the author is trying to get across.
I think that the rhetorical papers have helped me dig deeper into the things we are reading it helps me understand the viewpoint. The instructor meetings have also been helpful to keep me going with the input from Nick it helps me explore new ideas that I would have otherwise not have seen. In the long run this class will help me to explore through all the activities we do and help me to be a more well rounded student. The rhetorical paper has been a challenge that I feel I have overcome.

No comments: